Friday, July 18, 2014

The Beginning

It's a series of tiny things that all happened the first weekend in May 2014 that brings me to starting a blog. A simple girls weekend trip with knitonestitchtoo to Maryland Sheep and Wool will start me on a path I didn't see coming.

We left Mass on a Friday morning and headed down to Maryland.  Lots of yarn to buy and plenty of stops along the way.  I hate car trips so getting me to go on this trip is a miracle.  Knitonestitchtoo drove (and I can't thank her enough) and I planned our route stopping at a yarn store in each state.  

It should be said, we don't live to far from Webs, so stopping at some of the stores was very different that we expected.  Some good, some not so much, but we trucked along till we finally made it to Maryland.

Turns out, we are both not the festival type...to many people! And after a while it all starts to look the same.  At the point where I was yelled at for "cutting in line" by a not so nice vendor (btw, there was no line, I was just entering from the wrong side?????) it was time to go.

We went to the festival for a grand total of three hours...yep a six hour drive, a hotel stay, and we were done in three hours.  Total yarn purchased was only three skeins of yarn.

Turns out this was the best thing that could of happened!  We googled yarn shops in the area and ended up at Cloverhill Yarn shop.   It was a lovely shop.  However, located a few doors down was The Stitching Post.  The cutest cross stitch store with the perfect thing for me to make.  It should be noted I was not a cross stitcher at this point but since Knitonestitchtoo was....I left with all the things I would need for my project.  After a few lessons on stitching over two I was on my way.   My new addiction has taken quite a hold.  

Turns out, taking a unexpected detour from your plans can lead to the best trips....And having a friend to share it with makes it even better!  

1 comment:

  1. Funny how similar our accounts of "not being festival people" are - LOL. I'm just glad to have a "stitching buddy"!

    ReplyDelete